Board of Directors
Mathew Graham, MSc, MCIWEM, CSci, CPESC - Wood, Vancouver BC
- Matthew is a Chartered Water and Environmental Manager and CPESC with over 18 years of experience. He is engaged in a wide range of water management, river engineering and erosion a projects in Canada and the UK. He specializes in the delivery of capital improvement projects including flood mitigation, erosion and sediment control, river engineering and water infrastructure projects.
Environmental Impact Assessment Biologist
Risa Olekshy, B.Sc CPESC- Environmental Impact Assessment Biologist, Manitoba Infrastructure, Ashville MB
- Risa has worked throughout western and northern Canada as a Biologist and Environmental Educator for Parks Canada, Fisheries and Oceans Canada and as a private Consultant. For the past 9 years she has enjoyed working with Manitoba Infrastructure and Transportation as an Environmental Impact Assessment Biologist, and has helped the province ‘Green Up’ its day-to-day operations and construction practices. Risa has a BSc in Biology from the University of Alberta and is a Certified Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control (CPESC). She is committed to helping Industries achieve their objectives in an environmentally sustainable way.
Russ Paton, Dipl. Tech FT, BC-CESCL- Western Seeds & Erosion, Abbotsford BC
- Russ has been in the ESC field for over two decades, served as a Director of IECA PNW Chapter, Sponsored Vancouver Island University Extension Program ESC courses, is a founder & current director of ESCA BC and teaches and practices ESC on a daily basis.
Jamie Lawson, P.Eng.- MJL Engineering, Abbotsford BC
- Jamie is a Professional Civil Engineer in BC and Alberta. He has worked designing and inspecting various aspects of ESC facilities for over thirty years. He is currently a director of ESCABC and involved with ESC education.
Peter Andrew-McBride CPESC, Project Manager/Senior Environmental Scientist - Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Windsor ON
- Peter has 12 years of experience working in management, planning and design, monitoring, and reporting associated with infrastructure developments. He has worked on projects associated with planning, design and construction of a variety of transportation, municipal and mine infrastructure developments. His coordination and management have included detailed design compliance overseeing internal design reviews specifically related to environmental aspects. Peter has undertaken and overseen specific environmental input such as the design and construction of fish habitat compensation features and channel realignments, ecological and urban landscape design integration, site specific environmental management planning and documentation, erosion and sedimentation control, noise mitigation design and application, eco-passage design, wildlife exclusion fencing design, environmental permitting and regulatory consultation, and environmental inspection, construction staging, and site specific endangered species mitigation.
Dieter Geesing CPESC, Regional Agrologist - BC Ministry of Agriculture, Vancouver BC
Dieter is the Regional Agrologist for Metro Vancouver for the BC Ministry of Agriculture. Prior to his work for the BC government, Dieter has worked for more than 25 years as a consultant and researcher in agriculture, forestry and organic waste management in and outside Canada. He has specialized in soil science and holds a BS in Forestry, a MS in Plant and Soil Science and a PhD in Plant Nutrition and Soil Science. His research interests lie primarily in management practices, innovations and policies that directly respond to the degradation of soil, water and air resources. Dieter also teaches at the Agriculture Department of the University of the Fraser Valley.
Elyse MacDonald R.P.Bio, CPESC, Senior Project Manager, Terrestrial Team Lead - Hemmera, Calgary AB
- Elyse is the Senior Project Manager for Renewable Energy, Erosion Control as well as providing office management support as a team lead for the Terrestrial Group. She is a registered professional Biologist (R.P.Bio.) focusing on fisheries and erosion control issues in large scale, remote development projects including hydropower, oil/gas, and mining. Elyse is experienced in project management, baseline data collection/reporting, impact assessment, construction/development, operational monitoring, performance management, office management and corporate strategic planning. Her specialties include fish and fish habitat, impact assessment, environmental construction planning and monitoring.
Graham Tait, CPESC CPSWQ- City of Calgary, Calgary AB
- Graham is a Stormwater Pollution Prevention Specialist for the Water Resources Business Unit, City of Calgary. The Stormwater Pollution Prevention Team within Water Resources is responsible for the review and inspection of erosion and sediment control and stormwater pollution prevention practices associated with development permit sites and city projects. Graham has a degree in Soil Science and Environmental Chemistry. Not only is he is a Certified Professional in Erosion & Sediment Control (CPESC) and Storm Water Quality (CPSWQ); he is a certified instructor as well. He has more than 16 years experience in ESC and land reclamation in Alberta and British Columbia.
Steffanie Warriner, P.Eng. - Environmental Services, City of Coquitlam, Coquitlam BC
Steffanie is a registered professional engineer with over 16 years of experience in civil/environmental engineering. She has broad experience in all aspects of environmental management, pollution control and impact assessment with extensive experience in environmental policy and environmental regulation. She has worked in both Canada and the United States with experience in industry, consulting and provincial and municipal governments. While working for the City of Coquitlam, Steffanie developed the City’s Erosion and Sediment Control Management Strategy and associated Streamside Protection Bylaw, which has drastically improved accountability and compliance related to construction site management in Coquitlam
- Executive Director: Shelly Enders