Certification Examinations are intended to assess your comprehension and understanding of stormwater program-related material as a practicing professional within this field. The knowledge and concepts being tested are based on current standard practices as defined by your professional peers.
Certification programs and examination questions are based on applicable federal regulations and practices. Certified individuals become certified at a national level once they pass their exams.
Exam results are provided only as pass/fail. Applicants will receive notification by email that their scores have been released.
Part 1: Fundamentals of Erosion and Sediment Control and Rules and Regulations—Multiple Choice
Part 2: Application of Erosion and Sediment Control Principles— Problems to solve
CPESC: Part I & II (5hrs)
CPESC-IT: Part I only (3hrs)
Already a CPESC-IT: Part II only (3hrs)
Preparing for an Exam
Applicants are encouraged to take part in our Review Course, review course materials, study guide and scope of practice as part of their preparation for a certification exam. For more information click here.
All ESCAC exams follow the NCEES Calculator Policy
How to Book Exam after Application Approval:
- Fill out the PSI Form on the EnviroCert web page in the instructions (For instructions please click here.)
- Then the PSI Centre will contact you to book the exam (it may be available closer to you depends on how many register and what city/province people are from etc.).
- When your exam is booked with a PSI Centre fill out and email back the Online Exam Proctor Form to firstname.lastname@example.org
If an approved applicant fails the exam, they may retest until a passing grade has been achieved. Appropriate fees apply.
The review consists of various components. It provides general information on the following aspects:
- Site Planning and Management
- Rules and Regulations
- Erosion Predication
- Runoff Management
- Soil Stabilization (Erosion Control)
- Sediment Control